In this article, we will review some of the best desktops for video editing or movie editing. Having one of these desktops will make your video editing work much easier and professional.
A desktop computer for video editing demands certain components for it to give you the best ever video output. Because there are so many desktops with so many different configurations, it is easy to get confused what to look for in a best desktop for video editing.
So, before we recommend the actual best computers for video editing, let us briefly explain what you should be looking on the desktop for video editing at minimum.
Minimum specs on the best desktop for Video Editing
- CPU – CPU is the most important spec on a desktop for video editing. CPU with at least 4 cores is required for 1080p videos and CPU at least 6 cores are required for 4k Videos.
- GPU – GPU is another important spec required on the best desktop for video editing. At least 2GB of VRAM is required for 1080p videos and at least 4GB VRAM is recommended for 4k Videos.
- RAM – We recommend at least 8GB RAM on the computer for video editing
- Storage – This can vary depending on your editing needs. However, we recommend SSD storage over the HDD storage because they are fast and more reliable.
- Ports – Most desktops already have enough ports. You might want to pay close attention to thunderbolt ports for faster data transfer.
Now, let us review some of the actual desktops which are optimal for editing videos, movies and more.
Best Desktops for Video Editing 2018 | Best Computers for Video Editing 2018
- Lenovo Ideacentre Y700 – Very Good desktop computer for video editing
- Apple iMac MK452LL/A – Best Mac computer for video editing
- Dell XPS x8900-2506BLK – Best Desktop for video editing under $1000
- CybertronPC Palladium – Powerful Desktop!
- SkyTech Omega Gaming Computer PC – Another Best computer For Video Editing
- HP Envy 34 – All in one desktop
- SkyTech Shadow Amd-730– Cheap desktop for video editing
Now, let us review 5 (5 reviews should be enough for you to get the full picture!) of them in little more in detail and justify why they are some of the best computers for video editing!
Lenovo Ideacentre Y700 – Best Computer for Video Editing 2018
The Lenovo Ideacentre Y700 qualifies to be the best desktop for video editing for many different reasons!
The Lenovo Ideacentre Y700 comes with a powerful 6th generation Intel i5 processor that clocks in at 3.3GHz. Its CPU has 4 cores and for that reason, this desktop is more optimal for editing 1080p videos.
It has NVIDIA GTX 1070 video card, which is pretty powerful and advanced than the previous generation GPUs. This Lenovo Ideacentre Y700 has 8GB RAM and has a hybrid storage of 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD.
This desktop comes with just the right configuration to edit your videos, movies or music videos without any problem.
Apple iMac MK452LL/A – Best iMac Computer for video editing 2018
The iMac desktops have been the choice of many video editing professionals since decades. That is not a secret. And there are certain video editing software that runs better on Apple computers. The Apple iMac MK452LL/A is our choice for the best iMac for video editing!
This particular iMac comes with a powerful 3.1GHz Intel i5 processor that can clock in at 3.6GHz with turbo boost. The Apple iMac MK452LL/A has 8GB of onboard memory which you can upgrade to up-to 16GB if your work demands more onboard memory. It has 21.5 inch of screen with retina display.
It has 1TB HDD storage.
For these reasons, this Apple iMac MK452LL/A would be our choice when it comes to the best iMac for video editing!
Watch a video below that discuss Mac VS PC for Video editing.
CybertronPC Palladium – Another best computer for video editing 2018
This version of CybertronPC Palladium is a top PC build for video editing! It comes with just the right configurations for the professional editors to edit their videos!
Available to purchase for a price of just over $1000, the CybertronPC Palladium comes with a quad core Intel i7 processor that clocks in at 3.4GHz. It has 16GB DDR4 onboard memory and a whooping 6GB GPU from NVIDIA.
It has 1TB storage and has stylish design!
It has 4 USB 3.0 and 4 USB 2.0 ports along with a RJ-45 as well as one HDMI port, one DVI and 3 DP on the connectivity side. All are must have ports for any video editing project!
This really is a professional video editing computer than you can buy in 2017!
HP Envy 34 – Best All in one desktop for video editing 2018
The HP Envy 34 is an awesome all in one desktop which can be used for video editing at home or studios. All HP Envy 34s comes with a super high resolution screen of 34 inches but wide array of different configurations.
Using the spec recommendation we gave above, you can get the right model for your video editing career!
As a basic rule, you should be looking at the processor with at least 4 cores, at least 8GB RAM and a discrete GPU.
On the storage side, these all in ones have several choices. If you get one with more SSD, you will be paying more.
We believe the HP envy 34 is the best computer for video editing!
SkyTech Shadow Amd-730 – Cheap Desktop for video editing 2018
Luckily, not all best desktops for video editing are expensive. If you were looking for the best desktop for video editing under 500 bucks or for around that price range, the SkyTech Shadow Amd-730 is the perfect desktop you can get to edit your videos, music videos and movies!
This desktop has 4 cored AMD processor that clocks in at 3.8GHz, 8GB RAM, 2GB GT 730 GPU and 1TB storage.
This is a very good and cheap entry level desktop for video editing!
Thank You For Reading
This article address:
- Best Desktop for video editing
- Best desktop computers for video editing
- Best desktop for Final cut pro
- Best desktop for Adobe Premiere Pro
- Best Desktop for Sony Vegas Pro, lightworks, and many other popular video editing software.