Good news for the GoPro fans as GoPro launched its black version of Hero6 and GoPro Fusion today. GoPro Hero6 will go on sale immediately while Fusion will be available for purchase at a later date.
A few hours ago, official Twitter account of GoPro tweeted:
Welcome the to family, #GoProHERO6 Black. Live the moment. Capture the moment. Share the moment.
— GoPro (@GoPro) September 28, 2017
So what’s new on Hero6 Compared to Hero5?
The Hero6 comes with improved video capabilities than its predecessor. With Hero6, users can shoot 4k videos at 60 frames per second. With Hero5, shooting 4k videos was possible at 30 FPS. Similarly, with Hero6, you can take 240fps slow motion videos with 1080p resolution. That is an upgrade from 720p with Hero5.
HERO6 now comes with an significantly improved dynamic range and low-light performance as well as an added digital zoom.
Design of Hero6 on the other hand is pretty much similar to Hero5.
Specs and Features of GoPro Hero6
While we still haven’t got our hands on the product yet, we have listed some of the important specs of Hero6 as stated in the product launch news release.
- Hero6 will be Powered by GP1 Processor which is custom designed by GoPro
- Ability to take 4K video at 60 FPS and 1080p videos at 240fps
- Improved Stabilization in compared to previous versions
- Zoom is now touch enabled
- With 5GHz Wi-Fi, offload speed will be three times faster
- Hero6 is compatible with previous Mounts and Karma
- Has GPS, Gyroscope and Accelerometer
- WiFi capabilities as well as bluetooth enabled
Price of GoPro Hero6
Price of Hero6 will be $499 in the US, $100 more than its predecessor Hero5 and it went on sale today (28th September, 2017). If the users will find $100 increase fair enough in exchange for improved video quality, that remains to be seen.
What are your thoughts? Are you going to get one? Let us know in the comment section below!