This is a kind of error code that mostly occurs while starting your windows os. Most of the time it disturbs simply because of boot configuration data crashes due to which your windows OS will not be able to load or boot properly. So, please follow the instruction given below to fix it with ease in no time.
Method 1: Automatic startup repair process
- Firstly, you should insert your media device (bootable USB or an optical drive CD/DVD) in your PC.
- Then reboot your PC by putting up your boot priority device in BIOS and press Enter.
- Now you’ll be asked to press any key where you should follow accordingly.
- Choose (Repair your computer) option shown in your left corner below.
- You’ll be directed to (Choose an option) area, where you should click on (Troubleshoot) option.
- Then in the Troubleshoot section, please click on (Advanced options).
- Now you can see the (Automatic Repair) option in the advanced option section. Click on it to begin the automatic repair process
- Now wait for the process to be completed and then you can reboot your PC to see the changes, if it solved your error code issue of 0xc00000e.
Method 2: Boot configuration data (BCD Repair) option
- Insert your windows 10 bootable media. (USB flash drive or an optical disk DVD).
- Restart your PC and enter BIOS setup by clicking F2. There you should choose cd/dvd drive as first boot device and reboot.
- Once you start your boot process click “Repair your computer” option.
- Then click on troubleshoot > Advanced options > command prompt, and hit Enter.
- And these are the command you should type in that command prompt.
- Now reboot your PC and check the status there.
- You can try these commands in case if above commands didn’t work or solve the issue.
- Again in the command prompt window. Type
bcdedit /export c:\bcd_backup (hit enter)
c: (hit enter)
cd boot (hit enter)
attrib bcd –s –h –r (hit enter)
ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old (hit enter)
- After the completion of this process, exit the command prompt window and reboot your PC. Hopefully this process with solve your issue of error code 0xc00000e in no time.
Method 3: By running the (chdsk / sfc / dsim) commands
- By following the same process as in method 2 above. Go to advanced option section and choose command prompt option
- Click start and type cmd prompt then open it by right clicking to choose with run as admin option.
- If you cannot boot that through desktop then boot in (safe mode with command prompt) from given options.
- So, once you get into the command prompt window as an admin, type there sfc /scannow and hit the Enter.
- It will now allow the process to complete and fix all repairs.
- If that still doesn’t solve then try with another command dism.
- Go back to your command prompt window and type there (dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth) and hit the Enter.
- Now reboot and reset. And allow the process again so it will get the job done by fixing all repairs.
What are the significant causes of the boot error code 0xc000000e?
- If your boot configuration data is corrupted, misconfigured or missing files.
- Disk write errors or viruses also can cause power failure of bcd.
- If your file system is mismanaged while the random attempt of sudden and improper shut down process.
If the following methods didn’t work out for you, hit us with comments below. We will try to fix it ASAP!